For teachers who are passionate about developing their environmental knowledge.
Auckland, New Zealand
28 September - 2 October 2020
Primary and Intermediate teachers
Fully-funded by the Ministry of Education (excluding travel to Auckland)
APPLICATIONS CLOSED FOR 2020
BLAKE Inspire for Teachers is a five-day, action-packed environmental education and leadership development programme in Auckland.
Funded by the Ministry of Education (excluding travel to Auckland) the programme brings together teachers from all over New Zealand who are keen to develop a deeper understanding of environmental issues and how to apply environmental education across all subjects.
During the week delegates are teamed with world-leading scientists, environmental leaders and experts in their fields to learn about environmental issues such as climate change, freshwater quality, biodiversity and ocean health.
The programme provides delegates with experiential learning opportunities and practical ways to translate the experience to their students to encourage environmental action, conservation and sustainability within their schools.
To apply, please complete the application form at the bottom of this page and email it with your CV, a cover letter and a reference letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 10 May 2020.
For all the latest news and updates follow us on social media:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Does the programme include accommodation and food?
Yes. BLAKE Inspire is a five-day residential programme and accommodation and food is all included.
What travel arrangements are included in the programme?
Travel to and from Auckland is not included, so delegates coming from outside of Auckland will need to make their own way to Auckland. However, transfers to and from Auckland Airport are included. Transfers to all activities throughout the week are included, therefore delegates do not require their own car through the week.
What kind of activities will delegates experience at BLAKE Inspire for Teachers?
- Marine and coastal exercise in and around the Hauraki Gulf.
- Visit a predator free island to better understand New Zealand’s biodiversity challenges.
- Visit a leading New Zealand business delivering sustainability initiatives across their organisation.
- Visit a Marae to learn about Mātauranga and understand their sustainability initiatives.
- Take part in a series of learning experiences with subject matter experts
What do teachers gain from BLAKE Inspire?
- Learn from a range of experts across science, business and government.
- Learn new ways to understand and teach environmental issues.
- Learn how to develop sustainability programmes in their schools.
- Learn to empower students to understand the purpose of sustainability as kaitiaki.
- Learn to incorporate the Nature of Science with tikanga and Mātauranga Māori.
- Develop a deeper understanding of science capabilities.
- Create new cross-curricular units with subject experts.
- Have ongoing access to subject experts such as marine biologists, climate scientists, and Ministry of Education staff through the BLAKE network.
- Connect with an active and ongoing network of other inspiring educators.
For more information email Jacob Anderson at email@example.com